Cookies are files sent to the surfer through a webserver in order to record the activity of the user while navigating the internet.
By using cookies, it is possible for the host server to recognise the browser of the computer to make it easier for the user to navigate the web site, allowing, for instance, users who have signed up previously to access the areas, promotions, competitions or services reserved exclusively for them without having to sign up on each visit. They are also used to measure audience and traffic parameters and monitor progress and the number of hits.
Some cookies may collect personal information.
The different types of cookies are listed below:
Types of cookies
- User entry cookies.
- User identification or authentication cookies (single-session cookies).
- User security cookies.
- Multimedia reproduction cookies.
- Session cookies to balance the load.
- User interface customisation cookies.
- Complementary cookies (plug-in) to exchange social contents.
- All other cookies.
Cookies according to the entity managing them:
- Own cookies: Sent to the user’s computer from equipment or the domain managed by the editor from the moment the services requested by the user are supplied.
- Third party cookies: Sent to the user’s computer from equipment or a domain not managed by the entity, but by another entity that will process the data obtained from the cookies.
Cookies according to the time they remain active:
- Session cookies: Cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website.
- Persistent cookies: Cookies in which the data is stored in the computer and can be accessed and processed for a period of time defined by the person responsible for the cookies, which can span from a few minutes to several years.
Cookies according to their purpose:
- Analysis cookies: Those which, either processed by the owner or by third parties, enable quantification of the number of users and thus to carry out measurements and statistical analysis of the usage of the service.
- Publicity cookies: Those that enable the management, in the most effective manner possible, of the publicity spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is supplied, according to criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the adverts are displayed.
- Social cookies: These are necessary for external social networks (Facebook, Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.). Their purpose is to control the interaction with the social widgets on the webpage.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: Those which enable management, in the most effective manner, of the advertising spaces that the editor may have included in a website, application or platform from the time the requested service is supplied. These cookies store information about the behaviour of users obtained from continuous observation of their browsing habits, which enables the development of a specific profile so as to display publicity according to the profile.
It is also possible that on visiting a website or opening an email where an advertisement or promotion of certain products or services is published, a cookie may be installed on the browser that is subsequently used to display publicity related to the search carried out, to develop a control of the advertisements with regard, for example, to the number of times they are viewed, where they appear, at what time they are seen, etc.
The own or third-party non-excluded cookies used on the website are listed below.
Third-party analytics cookies:
Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States of America ("Google").
- Anonymous: ads viewed, analytics, web browser, cookie data, date/time, demographic data, type of hardware/software, interaction data, page views, service domains, service provider.
- Pseudonymised: IP address (EU PII), search history, based on data location, data click string, device ID (EU PII); PII (name, address, phone number, email address, login, IP address); sensitive (financial information).
Data released to third parties: Not disclosed.
Data retention: Not disclosed.
More information on:
You may allow, block or eliminate the installation of cookies on your browser by using your browser preferences; however, you should be aware that blocking them may impede the full functionality of this website.
Below are some useful links containing information about how to configure your preferences with regard to cookies, in the most popular browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/cookies-informacion-que-los-sitios-web-guardan-en-?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955/es
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Safari IOS (iPhone, iPad): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES&locale=es_ES
- Cookies Flash: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/es/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
You can also watch the tutorial videos published by the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (Spanish Data Protection Agency) on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/desdelaAEPD
To find out more about cookies: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
If you wish to contact us about our cookies policy, please email us: email@example.com